1. Log in to the ILOM web interface as Administrator.
2. Select Maintenance –> Firmware Upgrade.
The Firmware Upgrade page appears. Graphic Showing Firmware Upgrade Page
Picture 1_Firmware Upgrade Page
3. Click Enter Upgrade Mode.
A dialog box appears asking you to confirm that you want to enter Upgrade mode.
4. Click OK to enter Upgrade mode or Cancel to exit the process.
ILOM stops its normal operation and prepares for a flash upgrade.
5. Enter the path to the new ILOM flash image file in the Select Image File to Upload field or click Browse to locate and select the firmware update file.
Files with either.pkg or.ima extensions can be used.
6. Click Upload or Cancel to exit the process.
– The selected file is uploaded and verified as the correct image update for your SP or CMM.
– This process takes about one minute with a fast network connection.
– The Verify Firmware Image page appears.
7. In the Verify Firmware Image page, click OK.
8. Select Preserve Configuration to keep your existing ILOM configuration settings. If you do not preserve your configuration, the settings will be overwritten by the firmware defaults.
9. Click Start Upgrade or click Cancel to exit the process.
– When you click Start Upgrade, a progress screen indicates that the firmware image is being updated. Once the update progress reaches 100%, the firmware update is complete.
– When the update is complete, the system automatically reboots.
10. After the SP and/or CMM finishes rebooting, use your browser to reconnect to ILOM.