Restart Management agents in ESXi Using Direct Console User Interface (DCUI):
- Connect to the console of your ESXi host.
- Press F2 to customize the system.
- Log in as root.
- Use the Up/Down arrows to navigate to Troubleshooting Options > Restart Management Agents.
- Press Enter.
- Press F11 to restart the services.
- When the service restarts, press Enter.
- Press Esc to log out.
Note: You can also restart services using the Host Client. In Host Client, select Host >> Manage >> Services and select the service to restart.
- Log in to ESXi Shell or SSH as root.
For Enabling ESXi Shell or SSH, see Using ESXi Shell in ESXi 5.x and 6.x (2004746).
- Restart the ESXi host daemon and vCenter Agent services using these commands:
Note: In ESXi 4.x, run this command to restart the vpxa agent:
service vmware-vpxa restart
- To reset the management network on a specific VMkernel interface, by default vmk0, run the command:
esxcli network ip interface set -e false -i vmk0; esxcli network ip interface set -e true -i vmk0
Note: Using a semicolon (;) between the two commands ensures the VMkernel interface is disabled and then re-enabled in succession. If the management interface is not running on vmk0, change the above command according to the VMkernel interface used.
- To restart all management agents on the host, run the command: